This month we organised and hosted our seventh group menu tasting at one of our favourite venues, Harelaw Farm in East Ayrshire.
We had 18 wonderful couples join us for an afternoon of trying various food delights including:
- Canapes of roasted gnocci, tomato & olive stack canapes, haggis bon bons, mini Yorkshire puddings with beef fillet, seared scallop & chorizo skewers and mini bruschetta
- Starters with the antipasto, seafood and Scottish platters served on deep wooden boards
- Main courses of hog roast, sirloin of Scotch beef, garlic & rosemary braised lamb, roast turkey and farmhouse steak pie
- Side dishes of dauphinoise potatoes, peas with pancetta, roasted potatoes, root vegetables & macaroni & cheese
- Desserts with sticky toffee pudding, apple pie, fruit crumble, white chocolate & raspberry cheesecake & hot pineapple with a lime and passionfruit mousse
In addition, we had a fabulous selection of 26 wines for everyone to try. I don’t think they’ve eaten since!
Thankyou to the team of Chefs, bar staff, front of house and waiting staff.