Today we heard the wonderful news that small outdoor weddings can take place again in Scotland from Monday 29th June 2020.
Minimal attendee guidance is no more than 8 persons including yourselves to be married and across no more than 3 households. The person who will conduct your ceremony is in addition to the 8 over 3 households.
So the 3 households needs to be based on:
- 1st household = the couple to be married, assuming they live together
- 2nd household = witness #1 who will sign the marriage schedule
- 3rd household = witness #2 who will sign the marriage schedule
If your two witnesses live together, then you can invite others from a third household, so long as the maximum number of guests does not exceed 8 persons.
Apart from the couple getting married, everyone needs to retain 2m social distancing.
The person conducting your ceremony will be able to guide on what symbolic gestures you can or cannot incorporate into your ceremony.
So we can be creative with choosing your ceremony location, be it; in your home garden, at the beach or on a hilltop. In Scotland you can be married anywhere at a safe location of your choice.
In July we should hear steps and indicative dates for when:
- weddings can take place indoors
- receptions can be planned with food & drink served after the ceremony
- when more than 8 guests can attend
Small steps, but we’re heading the right direction.