It’s a new year and the wedding fayre season is upon us!
Various wedding fayres and open days are taking place in and around Ayrshire at a number of the local hotels, farms and estates, so do keep an eye out on social media.
Wedding shows are a great source for securing a range of suppliers, taking advantage of discounts on offer and seeing what’s on trend as inspiration for your own occasion, all to truly kick-start your wedding planning.
The largest of the wedding shows to be taking place in Ayrshire are detailed below.
Firstly, the Ayrshire Wedding Show at the Ayr Racecourse on Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th January 2020.
Secondly, the Ayrshire Wedding Exhibition taking place on Saturday 25th April 2020 at Trump Turnberry.
Wow, what a year we’ve had! With Tracey joining the team a year ago, we’ve created, supported
and managed a total of 57 very special occasions at various venues over the past 12 months, including Ardgowan House, Culzean Castle, Dalduff Farm, Harelaw Farm, Piersland House Hotel & Trump Turnberry.
A huge thankyou to all our clients, their friends and family, our own friends and family, everyone’s suppliers and to the venues for having us, it’s been a pure pleasure and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2020. BRING IT ON
Images from top left clockwise by Kellee Quinn Photography, Top Table Photography, Imac Images Photography, Bygone Photobooth, Tommy Cairns Photography, Euan Robertson Weddings, Grant Parfery Photography & Karol Makula Photography.
This month we organised and hosted our seventh group menu tasting at one of our favourite venues, Harelaw Farm in East Ayrshire.
We had 18 wonderful couples join us for an afternoon of trying various food delights including:
- Canapes of roasted gnocci, tomato & olive stack canapes, haggis bon bons, mini Yorkshire puddings with beef fillet, seared scallop & chorizo skewers and mini bruschetta
- Starters with the antipasto, seafood and Scottish platters served on deep wooden boards
- Main courses of hog roast, sirloin of Scotch beef, garlic & rosemary braised lamb, roast turkey and farmhouse steak pie
- Side dishes of dauphinoise potatoes, peas with pancetta, roasted potatoes, root vegetables & macaroni & cheese
- Desserts with sticky toffee pudding, apple pie, fruit crumble, white chocolate & raspberry cheesecake & hot pineapple with a lime and passionfruit mousse
In addition, we had a fabulous selection of 26 wines for everyone to try. I don’t think they’ve eaten since!
Thankyou to the team of Chefs, bar staff, front of house and waiting staff.
Whilst Tracey was busy running a barn wedding last week, Sarah attended the glittering Association of Scottish Businesswomen awards at the Corn Exchange venue in Edinburgh city. It was a night to celebrate success with an array of businesses across the country and here’s a photo of the Ayrshire finalists, including Sarah looking glam in a purple floor length frock.
All the wonderful winners can be seen HERE