Today we heard the wonderful news that small outdoor weddings can take place again in Scotland from Monday 29th June 2020.
Minimal attendee guidance is no more than 8 persons including yourselves to be married and across no more than 3 households. The person who will conduct your ceremony is in addition to the 8 over 3 households.
So the 3 households needs to be based on:
- 1st household = the couple to be married, assuming they live together
- 2nd household = witness #1 who will sign the marriage schedule
- 3rd household = witness #2 who will sign the marriage schedule
If your two witnesses live together, then you can invite others from a third household, so long as the maximum number of guests does not exceed 8 persons.
Apart from the couple getting married, everyone needs to retain 2m social distancing.
The person conducting your ceremony will be able to guide on what symbolic gestures you can or cannot incorporate into your ceremony.
So we can be creative with choosing your ceremony location, be it; in your home garden, at the beach or on a hilltop. In Scotland you can be married anywhere at a safe location of your choice.
In July we should hear steps and indicative dates for when:
- weddings can take place indoors
- receptions can be planned with food & drink served after the ceremony
- when more than 8 guests can attend
Small steps, but we’re heading the right direction.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow sung by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole was my own wedding song for walking up the aisle towards my husband at Blairquhan Castle in September 2007.
We’ve all been waiting for the rainbow and today we have hope for larger wedding celebrations to resume.
No dates yet, but this is a screenshot focussed on the Gatherings aspect of Scotland’s Routemap issued today.
Looking back over the last twelve years of experience in Ayrshire events, we pride ourselves in demonstrating the following core values:
- passionate about the planning being an enjoyable experience
- navigating you through the noise
- personalising an event plan which is right for you
- efficient use of your budget
- readily available & attentive to your day-to-day queries
- reliably respond to you within twenty-four hours
- open & honest with our supplier recommendations
- passing supplier discounts directly to you
- developing relationships across your network of suppliers
- caring for you & your guests
If you also appreciate these customer service values, then please get in touch to enquire how we may help you with your very own special occasion!
If you’re feeling overwhelmed in these extraordinary times, needing to air or just wish to share what’s going on for you and your wedding or special occasion, then we’re here for you.
Getting married or celebrating in Scotland, please just pick up the phone and call Sarah anytime on 07754 369780.
As an independent event manager based in Ayrshire, Sarah is happy to offer her time on the end of the phone, completely FREE of charge.
February is another popular month for getting engaged, with Valentines for the romantics and this year, it’s been a leap year and the tradition is for the lady to bend down on one knee and propose to her partner.
So congratulations if that’s you!
Now you want to get married, but you’ve never planned a wedding before and have no idea where to start, then we are the answer and can help you with our Getting Started package.
Just contact Sarah & Tracey for further details and to arrange an initial consultation.